early Thursday night and never caught up. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 7
LOUISVILLE, Ky. Terrell Owens Jersey . -- Phil Mickelson will be the first to admit hes a bit streaky. Sure, its been more than a year since his last victory. Then he goes and makes 10 birdies while shooting 62 on the final day at Firestone. Just like that, Lefty is being mentioned as one of the favourites at the PGA Championship. Can he keep it up? Mickelson has no idea. "If I could answer that question, it would be a lot easier," he said Tuesday after a practice round at Valhalla Golf Club. "Its been 20-plus years and things are just that way. Rather than question it or try to find an answer, I just accept it as being the way it is and look forward to it when it does happen. Its fun when it does." Mickelson hasnt had a lot of fun since winning the British Open at Muirfield nearly 13 months ago. He failed to crack the top 20 at any of the last four majors. His highest finish on the PGA Tour is 11th. His putting got so shaky that he experimented with a claw grip during the U.S. Open at Pinehurst, only to switch back to a conventional style right in the middle of the tournament. He looked downright lost. Nothing changed through the first two rounds of the Bridgestone Invitational, when Mickelsons belief that his game was rounding into form was shattered by rounds of 71 and 73. "It would be out of nowhere for me to play well," he grumbled just last Saturday. The very next day, Mickelson put up his lowest round since a 60 at the 2013 Phoenix Open. "Its just kind of the way I play golf," he said. "Im streaky. Ill get on rolls and get some good momentum, and all of a sudden the hole looks huge. Then there are days where its just the opposite. Its just the way its always been for me. I dont have a great answer." More than anyone, Mickelson realizes the way he was feeling just a few days ago may be gone by the time he tees off in the final major championship of the year. "In this game, things can turn around, really, in an instant," he said. "Im interested to see how it goes Thursday and Friday. But certainly my confidence level and my practice sessions are totally different. I dont feel like Im searching. I feel like now Im just trying to acquire that same feel from Sunday, and I feel like Ive found what Im looking for. I just have to maintain it." At 44, Mickelson can no longer keep up with big hitters like Keegan Bradley and Rickie Fowler, who joined Lefty for Tuesdays practice round. Both struck it farther off the 10th tee during the PGAs long-drive competition. Someone asked Mickelson what it felt like to go against players who grew up idolizing him. "Just makes me feel old, thats all," he said, smiling. "When someone says, Yeah, I used to watch you on TV when I was 6, how do you respond to that?" Mickelson has another goal this week besides winning. Hes played his way onto every Ryder Cup team since making his first in 1995, but hes 10th in the points heading into the final event before the top nine spots are determined. If he doesnt move up at Valhalla, hell have to rely on a fallback position: being one of three picks by captain Tom Watson. That would seem a mere formality. Mickelson would prefer to claim his place without Watsons help. "Im confident that Ill get on the team on my own and wont require that pick," Lefty said. "I want to keep that going, of making the team on my own and not needing a pick." A win would remove any doubt. It also would end Mickelsons longest drought since 2003. "Ideally, you want to have some momentum through the course of the year, through the course of the month heading into big tournaments," he said. "When youre in contention, its a lot easier to stay up there than when you havent been playing well." Of course, Mickelson is never quite sure how things will turn out. He learned long ago to expect the unexpected. "You dont want to put too much emphasis," Mickelson said, "on just one round." Sheldon Day Jersey .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday. Patrick Willis Jersey . The 49ers announced the deal Thursday. San Francisco selected Kilgore in the fifth round of the 2011 draft out of Appalachian State. He has played in 33 regular-season games, plus all six playoff games the last two seasons. BOSTON -- The Montreal Canadiens were struggling through their worst stretch of the season. Then they had to play two of the hottest teams in the NHL. They beat both -- decisively. Peter Budaj stopped 34 shots and the Canadiens ended the Boston Bruins four-game winning streak with a 4-1 win Thursday night. The victory came just two days after they stopped Carolinas four-game winning streak with a 3-0 win. "Its good for the confidence," Montreal coach Michel Therrien said. "Even when things werent going our way, we tried to stay positive." The Canadiens had been outscored 19-5 in losing four consecutive games. The Bruins had won their previous four games by a combined score of 21-8. But Boston was outplayed from start to finish. "We didnt skate. We didnt execute, and we didnt make good decisions," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "We werent very good." The Canadiens were outstanding. Their speed and emotion put them in front of the Bruins all night long. "This was close to a complete game for us," said Daniel Briere, who scored Montreals last goal while playing just 7 minutes, 39 seconds. "We needed that after spending the last week dropping some big games and by big scores as well." Alexei Emelin and Max Pacioretty scored before Dougie Hamiltons goal cut Montreals lead to 2-1 after one period. Brian Gionta made it 3-1 at 11:54 of the second, ending goalie Tuukka Rasks night. He was replaced by Chad Johnson, who allowed the first shot he faced, by Briere, to get past him less than two minutes later. Julien wouldnt say why he pulled Rask. And Rask said he felt OK. "I play as long as they tell me to play," he said. "Youd like to stop everything, right? But, today, I didnt." The Bruins had scored six goals in each of their previous three games. The Canadiens scored five times during their four-game slide. "Usually, when you go through tough stretches, people have a tendency to panic," Budaj said. "Tonight we played well against a really good teeam. Solomon Thomas Jersey. " The losing streak ended Tuesday night against Carolina when Carey Price stopped 36 shots in his third shutout of the season. Budaj was nearly as good while improving his career record in Boston to 4-0 with just five goals allowed. "We played well against a really, really good team," he said. "This building is always rocking. Its always exciting to play these type of games." Boston remained in first place in the Atlantic Division and second in the Eastern Conference but Montreal was aggressive from the start, quite a change from the Bruins previous two games. They outshot Florida 19-8 in the first period of a 6-2 win Tuesday night. That came one night after they took 18 of the first 20 shots in a 6-3 win over the New York Islanders. But they fell behind early Thursday night and never caught up. Emelin got his first goal in 32 games this season when he converted a slap shot from the right point with four players standing right in front of the crease just 2:16 into the game. Pacioretty scored his team-leading 23rd goal at 14:32. He received a pass along the left side in centre ice, skated behind the defence and put a short backhander behind Rask. But Hamilton scored his fifth goal just a minute later. Neither team had many good opportunities in the first half of the second period. But less than two minutes later, Tomas Plekanec took a power-play shot from the right circle and Gionta tipped it in for his ninth goal. Briere finished the scoring with a shot Johnson had little chance to stop. With three Bruins chasing him and only the goalie in front of him, Briere fired a 10-foot forehand shot over Johnsons shoulder. NOTES: Briere had a goal and an assist after getting just one assist in his previous 10 games. ... The Bruins fell to 12-3 in their last 15 home games. ... Budaj is 4-1 with one shutout in five career games against the Bruins. ... For the first time in the last 10 games between the teams, the final margin was more than one goal. The last time that happened was on Oct. 29, 2011, when Montreal won 4-2. Cheap Adidas Hockey JerseysWholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From ChinaWholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '