You sign your name there. If it | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 7
CHICAGO -- Colorado is in the mix for one of the top playoff seeds in the Western Conference, and first-year coach Patrick Roy thinks the Avalanche are one of the NHLs biggest surprises. Kyle Lauletta Jersey . Tyson Barrie scored a tiebreaking power-play goal with 7:10 left in the third period, and the Avalanche beat the Chicago Blackhawks 4-2 on Tuesday night for their third straight win. Colorado reached the 40-victory mark faster than any team in franchise history. It also improved to 3-1 against the Blackhawks this season and moved within one point of the Stanley Cup champions for second in the Central Division. "Our objective at the start of the season was to surprise the world of hockey," Roy said. "Today, I guess were making it even more interesting. Were one point behind these guys with one game in hand." Barrie got open in the left circle and one-timed Erik Johnsons perfect cross-ice feed high past Corey Crawford on the glove side. It was Barries second game-winner against Chicago this season, following an overtime goal against the Blackhawks on Jan. 14. "He put it right in my wheelhouse and I was able to get everything on it," Barrie said. "You always want to put it upstairs. I was lucky to beat Crawford there." Paul Stastny completed the scoring with an empty-netter with 32.6 seconds left. Rookie Nathan MacKinnon got an assist on Stastnys 20th goal, extending his point streak to 12 games, tying Wayne Gretzkys record for an 18-year-old set in 1979-80. Barrie scored for the second straight game as Colorados defencemen continued to contribute offensively. The Avalanche got four goals from defencemen in a 6-3 win over Tampa Bay on Sunday. Ryan OReilly and Maxime Talbot also scored for the Avalanche, who are 17-6-1 since New Years Eve. OReilly has three goals and three assists in his last four games. "I think we know what weve got in here," Barrie said. "Weve got a great group of guys. Its a lot of fun to play." Ben Smith and Jonathan Toews scored for Chicago, which was without veteran forward Marian Hossa. Toews has three goals in his last two games. Hossa left Saturday nights 5-1 victory over Pittsburgh at Soldier Field with an upper-body injury and is expected to miss two to three weeks. Brandon Saad moved up again to take Hossas spot on the right side of Chicagos top line with Toews and Patrick Sharp. The Blackhawks outshot Colorado 38-21, and Chicago coach Joel Quenneville thought that statistic reflected the play on the ice for most of the game. "I think we outchanced and outplayed them," Quenneville said. "I didnt like any of the goals that went in tonight. It was one of those games." Chicago also lost ground to St. Louis, which beat Tampa Bay 4-2 and is all alone in the Central lead, three points behind Anaheim for the top spot in the conference. "We lost a lot of ground," Quenneville said. "A four-point swing." Chicago and the much-improved Avalanche could meet in the opening round of the playoffs under the NHLs new alignment. "I would say 80 per cent, if not 90 per cent, said at the beginning of the year the Avalanche will miss the playoffs," Roy said. "Its not done yet, but were certainly in good shape right now." Colorados Semyon Varlamov made 36 saves. Crawford had 17 stops in the Blackhawks first game at the United Center since a 3-1 loss to Winnipeg on Jan. 26. The Blackhawks outshot Colorado 11-3 in a scoreless first period, but didnt generate many prime chances. Talbot put the Avalanche in front 2:49 into the second when he got his stick on Johnsons low shot from the right point. Positioned in the right circle, Talbot barely ticked Johnsons wrister, but it was enough to direct the puck between Crawfords pads. The Blackhawks turned up the pressure after falling behind, outskating the Avalanche and forcing turnovers. Varlamov helped keep Chicago off the board with several sharp saves, including point-blank stops on Toews and Peter Regin. Smith and Chicagos solid fourth line tied it at 1 with 3:08 left in the second. Capping some work along the boards with Brandon Bollig, Smith cut into the left circle and fired a shot past Varlamov with Avalanche defenceman Jan Hejda screening. OReilly snapped off a low shot from the right circle that slipped between Crawfords pads at 1:23 of the third to put Colorado ahead 2-1. Toews replied with a power-play goal at 7:17. After slipping to the right side of the net, Toews took Sharps feed and fired it past Varlamov to complete a slick passing series. NOTES: The Blackhawks acquired D David Rundblad and D Mathieu Brisebois in a trade with Phoenix before the game. Rundblad will join the Blackhawks and give them eight defencemen on the roster. Brisebois will report to Rockford of the AHL. Chicago parted with a second-round selection in this years draft to complete the trade. ... Crawford wore his black leg pads against Colorado. His favourite set, custom white models, disappeared from Soldier Field after Saturdays game. Authentic New York Giants Jerseys . The unrestricted free agent agreed to terms with the club on Thursday on a one-year, two-way deal worth $700,000. Ray-Ray Armstrong Jersey . Levante, which had lost five straight including a Copa del Rey game last weekend, fell behind at its Ciutat de Valencia stadium when Ionut Sapanura opened the scoring for Elche in the 26th minute.NEW YORK, N.Y. - From the moment John Smoltz stood on a chair to place a cap atop 6-foot-10 Randy Johnsons head, it was clear this gathering of baseballs newest Hall of Famers was going to be different than those in past years.I just wanted to be funny, Smoltz said Wednesday at the Waldorf Astoria hotel. Hes 6-10 and he was struggling with his jersey. I was trying to help him with his hat.The always canny Pedro Martinez greeted Craig Biggio with an apology of sorts.Im extremely honoured to be here with all of you. Craig. I know I brushed you back a couple of times. It wasnt intentional, he said.On this day, the fierce competitors were all teammates in jerseys with Hall of Fame in red script stitched across the chest.I still love you, Biggio said. Its OK.There was a lot of love, laughter and admiration among the largest induction class elected by the writers since 1955. Some of the highlights of the nearly hour-long news conference:WHATS A FEW INCHES AMONG FRIENDS?On his connection with former Braves teammates Gregg Maddux and Tom Glavine, who were known for pitching on the corners — sometimes getting a wider strike zone than usual:Everyone kind of assumes the three of us together and links us together, Smoltz said. Everyones feeling is we got 6 inches off the plate. I didnt, by the way. So dont believe that. I didnt. I didnt.Biggio answered Smoltz several minutes later: I agree with John. It wasnt 6 inches off the plate. It was more like 6 to 10.OLD GOATSMartinez on being elected to the Hall, where he visited when he was a young player with the Montreal Expos and had an immediate appreciation of the games history:I couldnt imagine how the game was. I could only wonder, but Im extremely honoured to be going back now, being part of it, being looked at as an old goat. Thats what we all became. We became old goats now. Theyre going to be like, Oh, look, thats Pedro, thats John. That was back then. So we all became old goats after yesterday.FAKING ITSmoltz got some good advice on how to put away batters:I learned it from Tom Glavine who never really showed any emotion, which is the reason why he won 300 games and was a Hall of Famer. I learned if you didnt have what you needed that day, fake it; dont let them know.Johnson had a different take on faking it:For me it was hard to fake. You either saw 95 to 100 (mph) or you didnt. ... The one thing I had going for me is I could throw really hard. I was kind of like that Sports Illustrated story that came out a long time ago (The Curious Case of Sidd Finch from AApril 1, 1985), a kid wearing overalls in a hay field, being able to throw a hundred miles an hour. Alex Tanney Jersey. That was me. I was like Nuke LaLoosh in Bull Durham that hit the mascot. I was a combination of all that until it finally came together for me.MEMORABILIAAs an 18-year-old playing for the Dodgers rookie team in Great Falls, Montana, Martinez was called up to pitch for Class A Bakersfield in the playoffs, a little more than 100 miles from Dodger Stadium, where his brother Ramon was pitching. Martinez went to visit his brother and came across a memorabilia auction:As a kid, I remember watching Reggie Jackson. He was the only one that could pimp a homer back in those days. ... Ramons friend goes, You want that ball? Im like, Yeah, I would like to have it. You have the 250 bucks? All I had to do was reach in my pocket, pull it out. I knew it was 250. So I was handing it to the person, Here, buy it.No, no, no. You dont get it that way. You sign your name there. If it happens that nobody bets on it, then you get it. All 250 bucks, 1990, that I made in my last 15 days of work in Montana, I paid for a Reggie Jackson signed ball.Smoltz isnt so nostalgic:Im pretty bad at it, Ill admit. I never really asked for autographs growing up. Im better today, but Ive been known to play catch with my 200th win ball with my son. I dont know where a lot of stuff is.NEW YORK, NEW YORKJohnson made his first start after being traded from the Montreal Expos to the Seattle Mariners in the Bronx on May 30, 1989. It didnt take the University of Southern California pitcher long to meet a fellow Trojan — and baseball Hall of Famer:Tom Seaver is walking behind me as Im going into the clubhouse with my suitcase. I played for the legendary college coach Rod Dedeaux at USC. He called everybody Tiger. ... Its also a calling card that when you hear someone say Tiger to you. You know thats USC alumni baseball. Tom Seaver yelled out, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, you cant be carrying your own bags. Youre pitching today. ... I went on to win that game. But more importantly someone of that stature, who Ive become friends with now since then, the great Tom Seaver, helped me with my suitcase on my pitching day in Yankee Stadium.Johnson ended up pitching for the Yankees from 2005-06, and he got to know several of the teams Hall of Famers:Im good friends with Reggie Jackson. He called me asking: Randy, how did you get more votes to the Hall of Fame than I did? I mean, who does that? Friends do. Reggies the greatest. I love Reggie. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '